Acceptable BYOD Devices:
- Laptop running Windows 10
- iPad Air or newer running iOS 10 or higher with an attached case and keyboard
- iPad mini 3 or newer running iOS 10 or higher with an attached case and keyboard
No cell phones as a BYOD device
No Samsung Galaxy Tablets
$50 District 20 User Fee to borrow a school device for the year. This is located on the list of school fees, and can be paid for with PayForIt.
App List for iPads: please load these apps prior to bringing an iPad in the fall.
Students and parents must register BYOD devices on August 17th and 18th, 2017 before or after the student's testing time in the Ranch Creek library. The device must be registered, and the responsible use agreement signed by both parent and student, before a device can be brought to school on Monday, August 21st.
Ranch Creek Responsible Use Agreement (to be signed by students and parents prior to using a BYOD device at school)
Ranch Creek Personalized Learning Presentation 2017
Student Video about BYOD
Recommended cases/covers for BYOD devices (please send a keyboard with the device).
1. Griffin Survivor cases (all Ranch Creek iPads use these cases): Click here
2. Logitech wired keyboard to go with Griffin case: Click here
3. Logitech protective case with integrated keyboard: Click here
4. Logitech wireless keyboard:
All Ranch Creek fourth grade students will complete the Common Sense Media Digital Passport program prior to using a BYOD device.
Digital Passport information
Digital Citizenship information-Common Sense Media
Netsmartz.org: Keeping kids and teens safer on the internet
Cyber-Safety.com: A website dedicated to keeping kids safe in a wired world
Connect-Safely.org; Dedicated to educating users of connected technology about safety, privacy and security.